Welcome to Avoca Primary School – the learning place to be!
Avoca Primary School is located in the historic township of Avoca at the foot of the Pyrenees Mountains.
Our school, set on large grounds, is well resourced both in the classroom and in the playground.
- All classrooms are equipped with Interactive White Boards which are used extensively to engage students and enhance their learning.
- Quality education: Our school provides for the development of your child's academic, social and physical needs in an environment that focuses on development of the whole child.
- Caring teachers: The teachers at Avoca Primary School focus on the development of each student by providing an understanding and caring environment.Avoca Primary School offers:
- Quality educational programs. Strong focus on teacher/parent communication as well as parent participation and involvement.
- An enjoyable environment for your child.
- Individual assistance. Student access to high quality technology, including interactive whiteboards in each classroom and the library. Individual learning programs including, Buddy Programs for Preps and students new to the school. ADOLF (oral language program).
- Personal Development Program - "You Can Do It". Balance variety of educationally relevant incursions and excursions. Active participation in district sporting events. Intensive Swimming Program. A Camping priram from Years 1 (Sleep Over) to 6. School bus from some neighbouring areas.
Principal Position Information
Avoca Primary School currently has 96 students enrolled, ranging from Prep to Year 6.
A recipient of BER funding, the majority of buildings are modern, yet the original building is of a classical heritage design.
We welcome your interest and the link below provides you with the Strategic Plan, Annual Implementation Plan and previous year’s School Report as well as the minutes from the last two School Council meetings.
Principal Position Information - 880kb Zip File